Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Prosperity

Let me tell you about my investment accounts. I think that a truly wise man would target 20% of his income for long range goals. You should save 10% and give 10% away. Unfortunately, I only got it half right when I was a young man. Fortunately, I got the more important part right.

I was meditating recently and the Holy Spirit prompted me to think about how much money I would have accumulated by now if only I had saved 10% of everything I have ever made. Even at my non-profit corporation salary levels it would have been a very tidy sum. Then the Holy Spirit reminded me that everything single penny I have given away has been gathering interest, and that the current economic troubles had absolutely no impact on the balance of my heavenly account.

We need the Holy Spirit to make it real to us. Every single act of kindness is remembered. Every single act of kindness will have it’s recognition and reward. Every penny given away has been invested. I don’t know exactly what kind of a return I’ll be getting on it. Will I really need money if I am living on streets of gold? Not likely. But the most intelligent and creative being in this universe is planning to give me a return on my investment. I can hardly wait to see what it is.

“Don’t store up treasures here on earth, where moths eat them and rust destroys them, and where thieves break in and steal. Store your treasures in heaven, where moths and rust cannot destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. Wherever your treasure is, there the desires of your heart will also be.” (Matt. 6.19-21 NLT)

No comments: