Saturday, February 7, 2009

Prosperity

The current economic crises is a time of unprecedented opportunity, and I’m not talking about the opportunity to buy stocks at depressed prices (although that might – or might not – be a bad idea). The opportunities are spiritual and they are two fold. First of all, this is an opportunity for me to get my head and my heart strait.

We need to declare war on fear. Our news sources are dominated by people who do not believe that there is a God in heaven who will protect and guide us and who do believe that stuff makes us happy. Every single time you feel the slightest twinge of fear you need to speak to yourself. “God loves me. He is watching over me. He will guide me through this. Stuff doesn’t make me happy. God’s love satisfies my soul. I will not be afraid.”

You can either take control of your heart and mind or you can yield that control to a world dominated by the enemy of your soul. Be disciplined. Respond to every twinge of fear. If it starts to overwhelm you, turn off the TV and the radio. If you can’t figure out what to do with the free time, you can spend some it reading complete threads from this blog. Click on one of the topics to the left and read the postings from the bottom up.

Take your spiritual temperature before and after spending some additional time focusing on the kingdom of God, whether it’s this blog or any other source of Christian material. You will be surprised at the difference it will make in your anxiety levels.

No comments: