Saturday, February 14, 2009

Prosperity

If we are going to get our heads and our hearts in harmony with God in these challenging economic times, we are going to have to set our hearts to seek His face. I may find myself in a situation where I have fewer new toys to play with. What will I do with the extra time? I will spend this time seeking His face.

The only thing that ever can or will make me happy is the awareness of the love of God being poured out in my heart by the Holy Spirit. The love of God must be my goal. The love of God must be my drug. The love of God must be my obsession.

When we feel the presence of God inside, we feel loved. If we feel loved we can be supremely happy even if all we have are the bare necessities of life. “Godliness with contentment is itself great wealth. After all, we brought nothing with us when we came into the world, and we can’t take anything with us when we leave it. So if we have enough food and clothing, let us be content.” (1 Tim. 6:6-8 NLT)

No comments: