Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Put it down

It’s almost as if the Lord is saying to me, “I can’t pick that up until you put it down. I can’t solve that problem until you let go of it.” What is the Holy Spirit saying to me?

You don’t want to go overboard here. God expects us to do our daily work and that includes dealing with problems and challenges. With God’s guidance, there is usually something that I can do to work though a problem situation.

With that in mind, what I think God is saying to me is that I can’t ask in faith until I ask without anxiety. Worry is a form of unbelief. And the unbelief hinders God from giving me peace and from answering my prayer for solutions to the problem.

When I let go of things when I go to bed, I am trusting God to give me a peaceful nights rest and honoring Him by believing that He is going to act on my behalf.

No comments: