Thursday, October 23, 2008

I told my brain to get some rest

I recently finished one of the least restful vacations I’ve ever had. Nancy and I spent eight nights in a Rocky Mountain paradise, but I didn’t come home in the relaxed state that I usually do. This was because I knew that when I got back home I was going to be walking into a pressure cooker.

For the first couple of days I was holding on by my fingernails, trusting the Lord to get me through moment by moment. Then came the weekend and the chance to apply what the Lord had taught me during my vacation.

I took a Sabbath. I told my brain to go into neutral and get some rest. After the Sabbath, I reminded myself, each night before I went to bed, to turn everything over to the Lord. And then I told my brain to get some rest. Almost immediately I went from feeling horrible to feeling fine.

No comments: