Saturday, October 25, 2008

The night time is the right time

God doesn’t need any sleep. As you’re falling asleep, ask God to work on anything that is troubling you while you rest. Peter tells us to “give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.” (1 Peter 5:7 NLB)

Most of us probably know this verse, but how many of us actually do it? How much grief, stress, and anxiety have we been carrying around because we think we are too sophisticated to need to follow simple instructions?

While we should remain in an attitude of casting our cares upon the Lord all day long, there is something very special about doing it right before you fall asleep. During the day, there may actually be something that I can and should do to deal with the situation; but all that comes to an end when my head hits the pillow.

The night time is the right time to say, “God, I can’t do one single thing about this right now because I need to get some sleep. Please work on this for me while I rest, and if there is anything I need to do to handle this situation, help me to understand what that is when I wake up to face the new day.”

No comments: