Saturday, December 19, 2009

Waht kind of reward?

So when we get to heaven, we’ll have everything we could want or need; streets of gold and all that. That being the case, what is this reward thing all about? What will it be like?

I’m not sure. The Revelation of John talks about crowns which may be symbolic of public recognition, but again, I’m not really sure what the exact nature of the rewards will be like. But while I do not have much information on the nature of the gift, I do have a great deal of information on the nature of the Giver. His genius is both perfect and infinite. So whatever it actually is, if He wants to give it to me, I want it. Badly.

And if I am reading the gospels correctly, Jesus wants me to be motivated in my everyday life by the coming reward. I guess it’s going to be kind of like Christmas. There will be presents, but no one knows for sure what they’ll get. Sometimes we get stuff that we don’t really want or need, but the rewards will never be like that. Perfect wisdom and infinite love. He has something for us. I gotta get me some of that.

No comments: