Saturday, June 7, 2008

­­Why me, Lord? Why can’t I afford to buy more and better toys? Why can’t I afford a state of the art laptop and a huge, hi def TV?

Why do I get to live in a house with three TV’s? Why do each of my three TV’s get over 70 channels? Why am I able to afford a desktop computer with high speed internet access? How come I can afford to buy more computer games than I have time to play? Why am I able to sit at my desk and look across the room to an entire wall of books that I own, filling the wall from the floor to the ceiling, with most of the shelves having not one, but two rows of books? Why do I get to live in a country with public libraries, where I can order virtually any book in print (over my home computer) and read virtually anything I want?

Why me, Lord?

No comments: