Saturday, November 15, 2008

Reality 101 #7

You might conclude that I am restating the whole positive thinking concept, which can be summed up by this famous proverb. “I once felt sorry for myself because I had no shoes, until I met a man who had no feet.” This is a good point, and the psychological technique can be very useful. I should always be looking for the blessing in everything and be thanking God for every bit of goodness in my life. And I should try to live without a life free from self pity.

That’s all well and good, but it is not the point I’m trying to make. What we are dealing with here is the fundamental nature of reality. Why are things the way they are? Why am I trapped in a world like this where I need to compare myself with others who have it worse than I do so that I can feel better about my life?

Why isn’t this place already heaven? Why is heaven a place I have to wait to go to? Why am I trapped down here? This is the issue that we are dealing with in this thread that I have titled, “Reality 101.”

No comments: