Saturday, April 25, 2009

The Tactics of Truth

You are being manipulated by evil spirits who have had thousands of years to master their craft. The devil knows what he is going to do; do you know what you are going to do?

This is what you need to do. You need to be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Here is how you do that. You put down what you need to know and you meditate on it until it becomes just as strong a thought habit (pattern) as the habit of sin used to be. You do the exact same thing to yourself that the enemy has done to you, only you do it in the cause of righteousness.

Copy this post. Paste it into a word processing program. Leave a saved copy of it on your desktop. Email yourself a copy for use at work. Print it out and put it in a notebook. Then read it at least once a day (preferably more) over and over again until it is completely internalized.

One of the best times to read it is when you are actually struggling with an evil desire. You will find that this throws a bucket of ice water on the fire of evil desire. Here is the material for you to meditate on.

The evil desire that I am experiencing is not an opportunity for me to use my free will in the sense of designing the kind of life I want. It is only an opportunity to surrender a little more of myself to a higher power. This is an attempt by Satan to either strengthen the grip he has on my life or to reach out and conquer new territory within me. The evil spirit behind this temptation is not my friend. There is not the slightest bit of kindness, mercy, or compassion within him. The more pain I am in, the happier he gets. I am not going to surrender any part of my life to morally crippled, fiendishly twisted fallen angels who hate me with a hatred that is just as pure as the love with which my heavenly Father loves me. I will not be a slave to sin. I am a servant of the Lord.

Satan is not my friend. He does not love me. His only pleasure is in my pain. He will do everything he can to destroy my life and drag me down into the lake of fire if he can. Something inside me wants to do something I know is wrong. Anything that urges me to get something I want seems to be my friend. It seems to be on my side. I must understand that this is a trap. Sin does not want me to get what I want. That is the lie. Sin wants to completely dominate every part of my life and bring ruin and destruction to my soul. I will not compromise with evil because I understand evil does not believe in compromise; it believes only in domination. It is the same old lie: “you can do what you want and you will be free.” I am designed to submit to and flow in perfect harmony with a higher power. My only real freedom is to choose the power that I will submit to. I renounce the power of darkness that is trying to destroy me and submit myself to the Lord of light.

I must firmly fix in my mind the main principles of sin. Sin intends to take ever increasing control over me. Sin intends to bring ever greater measures of pain and sadness into my life. The very essence of sin is moral insanity. Any accommodation with evil is insane. It’s like agreeing to rent your spare room to a mass murderer. I was born with a moral disease that made it possible for the unthinkable to be irresistible. By the grace of God, and with the help of the Holy Spirit, I am coming to see sin for what it is and to repent – to totally and radically change the direction of my thinking. I am growing to hate the insane power of darkness that is seeking to dominate and destroy my life. By the grace of God, what was once irresistible is now becoming unthinkable.

I just read the whole thing out loud. It took two minutes. Just two minutes. Reading this once and then moving on to the next post will not change you. The power of darkness has built strongholds within you using a step-by-step process. The fallen angels have had thousands of years to master their craft, but the truth can and will set you free. The devil has a plan. He knows what he’s going to do. Do you have a plan? Do you know what you are going to do? If not, then use my plan. Read these words over and over again until you find them coming into your mind at the very moment that you are feeling the evil desire.

Right now, when you feel the evil desire all you think about is the cookie – the pleasure of sin. And so you succumb. Over and over again. The evil spirits think this is hysterical. They are laughing at you while they plan ways to take control of new areas of your life.

It took two whole minutes to read those paragraphs out loud. Two whole minutes. Can you find two minutes when you get up in the morning? Another two minutes during your daily break. Another two minutes before you go to bed at night. It’s up to you. You can roll over and go back to sleep. You can keep responding to the cookies. Or you can stand up and begin to fulfill your destiny as a child of the living God. It’s up to you.

This would be a very good time to go back to the beginning of this thread and read the whole thing over again to firmly fix it in your mind. The next posting will deal with the Biblical principles behind this process. This is not psychology or positive thinking. This is the power of repentance and the grace of God that can and will set us free.

No comments: