Saturday, August 23, 2008

We Play Until We Win

For a Christian, the game is never over until the Christian wins. There may be thousands of defeats along the way, but in the end the Christian wins.

Make a list of everything your departed loved one didn’t like about himself or his life. Everything. Let me help you. I don’t like having to struggle with my weight. I hate having to fight reoccurring depression due to Seasonal Affective Disorder. I don’t like having to wear bifocals. I wish my body still felt the way it did when I was 25. I am weary of struggling with sin. My neighbor’s dog woke us up last night at 3:00 a.m. They leave him out all night and every once in awhile he wakes us up. I love the wilderness but I don’t like mosquitoes. As a manager sometimes I have to have confrontations with people at work that upset me.

For your departed loved one, all of that is suddenly gone. Forever. Every single battle is over.
Maybe you want to start another list. What are some of the things in your life that you wouldn’t mind leaving behind when your body dies?

No comments: